What is coming against you?
- We have to be aware of the spirit realm. Sin as a spirit. There is a spiritual reality behind feelings.
- As overcomers, we learn to recognise and resist temptations = we don’t have to live it out = not having to repent of the sin. When we’re tempted and overcome = VICTORY!! There is no shame/guilt until we choose to join with sin and act it out.
For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. (Romans 7)
The battle is against sin as a spirit rather than a ‘behaviour’ of ours.
Behold, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must master it. (Genesis 4:6-7)
- Don’t let sin become a behaviour before you decide to deal with it.
- We all carry a spiritual atmosphere. See things through the eyes of the spirit, walk by the spirit. Fight less in the natural realm, fight in the spirit realm.
God has given you the power, through His blood, to master sin.
- Be aware of what the enemy is doing and be quick to deal with it.
- If from the other person, if they’re not ready to deal with it, leave it alone. People were coming against Jesus everyday. Don’t lose heart. Consider what Jesus went through; he never took the bait.
- If we believe its the external problems rather than the internal, we can fight it.
- It is not who you are as a person, it’s the spirit of sin!
1. I nail ___ to the cross.
The thoughts could come as a feeling (anger, depression, hopelessness, rejection, self-protection, etc.) They could also come as words/thoughts you’re hearing (“Nothing will change”, “Its impossible”, “Nothing happened”)
2. I break all arguments I’ve made with ____ known or unknown and I repent of joining with ____.
3. I ask you, Father, to send ____ away from me!
4. Ask the Lord to show you what He wants to give you in place of what He sent away.
This prayer is for issues that you’ve realised are the issues that your parents/grandparents had to deal with and the 1-2-3 skidoo isn’t taking care of it. This is a prayer that you can use to break generational strongholds.
I place the cross of Jesus in my family bloodline.
And I sever all ties with this ungodly part of my natural heritage
that has manifested.
<Name the things the Lord has shown you that have come against you>
I claim the power of the cross all generations back and all generations forward
to break the power of all the demonic spirits assigned to me
to perpetuate this in my family line.
By the power of the cross, in the name of Jesus Christ,
I command these demonic spirits and lies:
Out of my life, out of my thoughts, out of my relationships,
Away from my potential marriage, away from my potential children,
Out of my destiny and calling, and completely out of my future!
I seal this in my spirit in the Name of Jesus!
Maintaining a Breakthrough…..
- The enemy’s biggest vice is for us to believe that he doesn’t exist.
- We have to believe what we proclaimed, even when you don’t ‘feel’ any change, there is a shift in the spiritual realm.
- Cultivate good habits against the devil until it becomes a part of daily life.
- Rest is true trust. No point praying out of fear.
- Be cautious of offense.
Often, we spend too much time trying to deal with ourselves instead of recognising that the issue may be spiritual.
Practical ways to be aware of the spiritual forces and how to deal with them:
Once each day evaluate your life and ask this question: is there something spiritually that came against me today that I didn’t deal with? (Anger, frustration, impatience, critical attitude, accusation towards God/self/others, fear, worry, anxiety, self-pity, inadequacy, entitlement, disappointment, despair, hopelessness, depression, feeling overwhelmed, confusion, unbelief, doubt, withdrawal, isolation, shut-down, resentment, bitterness, offense etc)
KNOW WHO YOUR REAL ENEMY IS
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. (Ephesians 6:12-13)
The bible says that God’s divine power has granted us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him (Jesus) who called us by His own glory and excellence. God has freely given us His power to overcome any tactic the enemy devises to steal life and godliness from us, so we don’t need to be afraid. However, we do need to be alert and aware of his schemes.
Satan’s nature leads him to bring pain and trauma into our lives, then attack our identity with blame and shame. He accuses God; he accuses us; and he accuses others for the destructive things he brought into our lives.
But what’s cool is that we can use the power and truth that Jesus made available to us, rather than give in to the lies of the enemy. We can choose to trust the words that Holy Spirit speaks to us, no matter how we feel. We can trust what God says to us, instead of interpreting God by our circumstances.
Be an overcomer and show the world what it looks like to live free from the enemy’s bondage!!!! WOOHOO!
I pray the Lord will show you ways the enemy has lied and deceived you. I pray He would reveal any deception that the enemy has brought so you can overcome it with truth. I pray the Lord will give you the grace to walk in His righteousness so that you will grow in spiritual discernment, clearly recognising the schemes of the devil and quickly overcoming with His truth.